University general fund

University general fund

Not what you intended? You can give to a specific fund instead.

If you have an account, you can log in to pre-fill this form with your information.

Required information is marked *

UK bank account holders can set up a regular gift by direct debit. Click 'continue' to go to our online direct debit form.

Select the amount you wish to give or choose 'Other' to enter a different amount in pounds sterling (GBP). If you live outside the UK, you can choose to pay in a selection of other currencies on the order summary page.
I want to make a donation of: *
Your donation
Total Amount
About your gift
Please let us know your preferred name if it is not your legal first name.

We will use your email address to acknowledge your gift, which we greatly appreciate. Tick the box if you are a new supporter and want to hear more from us. This will not override your existing contact preferences if you are an alumnus or existing supporter.

We will use this information to process your gift, and update your record in our database.

Are you an alumnus/na of the University?
You can find your number (if applicable) on the e-newsletter, your CAMCard or your CAM cover letter.
First College you attended at Cambridge (if applicable)
First year you studied at Cambridge (if applicable)

Gift Aid

Gift Aid increases the value of your donation at no additional cost to you. Find out more about Gift Aid

By ticking the box below you agree to the following declaration, which will allow us to claim Gift Aid on your donations:

"I want to Gift Aid my donation, and any donations I make in the future or have made in the past 4 years to the University of Cambridge. I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference."

Please notify us if you:

  • no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
  • change your name or home address
  • want to cancel this declaration.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Donor lists
We will not publish your name and gift in University donor lists without asking for your permission.

The Fundraising Regulator
We are registered with the Fundraising Regulator. Please read our fundraising promise.

How the University uses your data
We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold. Your data is used by us for alumni and supporter relations, and for fundraising. Please read our full data protection statement.