Cricket Club (CUCC)
Cambridge University Cricket Club is the original Blues sport, with records dating back to 1820.
The historic Fenner’s Cricket Ground has been the home of CUCC since 1848. Over the years, CUCC has produced many great cricketers, including 21 test captains, 62 test players, and noted senior administrators.
Today, CUCC is a club of over 100 students, spread across three men’s and two women’s squads. The club competes annually against Oxford in the Varsity matches (T20, One-Day and 4-day), as well as in BUCS and other historic fixtures.
The costs of maintaining our high-quality training programmes and fixture calendars have never been higher. CUCC subsidises these costs where possible, but generous donations from alumni help to minimise the impact on student subscriptions, keeping cricket accessible to all.
Your donations would help us to cover our costs:
- £30 would cover the cost of hiring Fenner’s Indoor Cricket School for a training session
- £45 would cover the cost of a Strength & Conditioning session, helping to prevent injury in our players
- £50 would cover the cost of a set of Varsity playing kit
- £80 would help cover the cost of a box of cricket balls
- £150 would cover the cost of an ECB Level 2 coaching course, enabling our own Blues players to run beginner sessions
- £200 would cover the equivalent cost of a player’s winter subs, reducing the financial burden on a student
- £300 would help us pay to have a coach in attendance at a fixture, in order to get feedback on match performances and gameplay
- £350 would cover the cost of a player’s attendance at our pre-season training camp, enabling us to spread the overall cost thinner across all students
- £400 would help cover the cost of transport to an away BUCS fixture
- £1000 would help cover the accommodation costs of an away Varsity match
- £5000 would help cover the cost of employing a Head Coach, to properly structure our Blues training and match play so that we can beat Oxford
Any significant donations will be handled by the Club Secretary, and recurring direct debits can be used for distinct purposes if specified.
Support the Cambridge University Cricket Club (CUCC)
Donate online or for more information on ways to support CUCC, please contact Derek Wilson:
+44 (0)1223 330015 or mobile: +44 (0)7710 376604
All gifts made through the philanthropy.cam.ac.uk website are treated as being made to the University of Cambridge with an expression of wishes that the funds be allocated to the registered University club or society which you have indicated as the desired recipient of your generous gift. Whilst the University retains the discretion to allocate the funds for a broader purpose, it fully intends to apply the funds in accordance with your wishes wherever possible. An expression of wishes shall not give rise to a trust or other legally-binding obligation. The University maintains a catalogue of Registered Clubs and Societies (including Sports Clubs). The University of Cambridge is an exempt charity subject to regulation by the Office for Students (OfS) under the Charities Act 2011, and therefore does not have a Charity registration number.