About the programme
1 July–6 September 2024
The Cambridge Fundraising and Alumni Relations Internship Programme is a 10-week programme providing an intensive, hands-on professional experience designed to prepare you for a career in higher education fundraising and alumni relations.
It introduces Cambridge undergraduates to the development and alumni relations profession, and to develop a pipeline of diverse and talented students who may not have previously considered a career in the profession. Interns work alongside sector leaders, across the Collegiate community, gaining work experience and valuable skills whilst simultaneously learning about philanthropy and developing an understanding of the profession through a rigorous curriculum.
Applications close on 28 March for the 2024 programme.
The work environment and people are amazing! The intern cohort experience is great — you get a really good taste of what office life is like. You learn great skills on the learning days; you meet amazing people in the office; and the free accommodation and free lunches are AMAZING (especially as a recent graduate with absolutely no money)!
- Engage in weekly learning sessions taught by leading higher education fundraising and alumni relations professionals.
- Learn about the history of philanthropy, the fundraising process and the many career paths available in the advancement profession.
- Learn from peers working in different areas of the advancement function.
- Develop leadership skills to build a career and pursue the causes that matter to you.
- Build your resume by working on a real-world project, and developing transferrable skills.
- Present your work at the end of the programme at a Project Showcase event attended by senior leaders and colleagues from across Collegiate Cambridge.
- Build your professional community, reflect on your strengths and develop your personal brand.
- Hone your professional and career skills and prepare for the future.
Paid work and accommodation
As an intern you will receive £11.44 per hour, working 35 hours per week and paid monthly. In addition, you will be provided free College accommodation and lunches for the duration of your internship.
Who can apply
Current University of Cambridge students.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Whitehead: