Polo Club (CUPC)
Founded in 1873, the Cambridge University Polo Club (CUPC) is the oldest polo club in UK & EU and lays claim to the oldest continuing polo fixture in the world, the Varsity Match against Oxford.
CUPC caters for players of all levels, from those who have never ridden before to those with a professional handicap.
Our main goal is to play the best amateur polo that we can, enabling members to continuously develop their capabilities and fulfil their potential as sportspersons, team-players, and active members of society. Our objectives include winning major fixtures (focused on experienced players), developing promising individuals into competitive athletes (focused on novice players), and introducing people to polo (focused on beginner players).
We are looking for your help to be able to fulfil our objectives as a club, and address the challenges we face around student participation and accessibility to make polo at Cambridge more inclusive, accessible and competitive. Every donation helps!
Here are some ways in which your donation can support us:
- £30 will subsidise a member's training session
- £120 will subsidise a squad’s training session
- £1,000 will mount the team in the Varsity Match
- £1,800 will subsidise one friendly/exhibition match that CUPC plays throughout the year
- £10,000 will subsidise the training and matches for the Varsity A team, in preparation for the major fixtures of the year
Gifts will be directed towards the Club’s area of greatest need.
Support the Cambridge University Polo Club (CUPC)
Donate online or for more information on ways to support CUPC, please contact Derek Wilson:
+44 (0)1223 330015 or mobile: +44 (0)7710 376604